Cleaning PVC joinery
Windows and doors are defining elements of a home.
In order to anticipate the deterioration or premature aging of the PVC joinery, we offer you some essential advice:
– Profiles must never be scratched or painted. They must only be washed with water and ordinary detergents, without the use of abrasive substances. Moves have to be light and along the profile. The cleaning solution must be left a few minutes to act, after which the profile will be cleansed with a moist cloth. In case of a larger amount of dirt, cleaning will be made either through repeating the action described above, or through the application of the cleaning substance directly on the profile and letting it act for a longer period of time. Be advised that circular movements for cleaning are not recommended. PVC joinery must not be cleaned while dry, because the profiles are made of plastic, which will charge with static electricity and aid the accumulation of dust.
– the usage of cleaning substances based on petrol (fuel, gas, acetone, extender, etc.), acid substances, leaning dust is forbidden, as well as the usage of sharp instruments which may damage the profile, like scourers.
– The glass of the window may be cleaned using a soft cloth and adequate solutions for glass cleaning, but not alcohol-based because these leave stains which attract dust.
– do not use razors or sharp objects to clean glass because it can produce permanent scratches which can lead to the breaking of the glass.
– armatures have to be checked regularly, mustn’t be covered in paint and must be cleaned once every 6 months, without the use of abrasive substances.
– In the case of building renovation, hardware and stuffing have to be protected against the aggressive action of mortar components (lime, cement, sand, dust, etc.). In order to protect it, you can use a plastic foil which completely covers the joinery.